The Silhouette Machine Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tips and tricks

2 posters

Go down

Tips and tricks Empty Tips and tricks

Post  vpoche Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:19 pm

I just started using the new software(Robo Craft is what I used to use). I could not find out how to curve my text (like for a plate). I emailed silhouette and they answered quickly. make a circle or what ever shape you want. Then go into text and type, then drag to circle top or bottom of the circle(shape) to make the curve. I hope I explained this ok, because the instructions I got seemed a little complicated.

The other thing I did not know how to do in the new software was to outline a picture, to make my on design_ I did this a lot in Robo Craft. They told me to go to the trace mode and open the picture then select the options I wanted; it is really easy and comes out great and with the new software the options to fix things are a lot better.

Thanks for starting this forum- I hope everyone learns something.

vpoche

Back to top Go down

Tips and tricks Empty Re: Tips and tricks

Post  Admin Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:30 pm

So when you put the circle over the text what else did you have to push to get the text to curve or did it do it automatically?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Tips and tricks Empty The text automatically curves

Post  vpoche Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:46 pm

Make sure you align the text to the line on the circle. The circle will not be cut-at this point it should be grey(circle). I just make sure none of the objects are selected after you accomplish the curved text, then you can adjust the text however you need (larger or smaller). I delete the circle afterwards. If it deletes your text-just click undo and make sure you have moved your text away from the circle before deleting(of course I did this). Sorry my directions are not always easy.

vpoche

Back to top Go down

Tips and tricks Empty Re: Tips and tricks

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum