The Silhouette Machine Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New mat vs old mat

2 posters

Go down

New mat vs old mat Empty New mat vs old mat

Post  jcparkins Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:07 pm

I am using the older mats, meant for the original Silhouette (which is what I have) and I noticed that the new software shows the new mat. The older ones don't have as much blank space at the beginning, if that makes any sense. The cut starts farther back on the paper but in the software it looks like it is right at the leading edge of the cutting area. I checked the settings and didn't see anywhere to change that. There was a setting for Cut Area and I changed it to "Original Silhouette" but the view didn't change. I tried to cut a 10-7/8" long shape and regardless of where I placed the paper, it wouldn't cut the whole thing. I did see - after I cut 3 of them wrong - that I could tell it the actual page was larger and that would probably solve that problem, but I can't figure out the mat display issue. The newer mats are just too sticky for me, the paper rips when I take it off.

Thanks for your help!

jcparkins

Back to top Go down

New mat vs old mat Empty Re: New mat vs old mat

Post  susies1955 Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:55 am

I'm pretty new to the Silhouette and your best bet would be to contact Silhouette support. They are quick to respond.
Don't know where everyone went on this forum. Smile
Susie

susies1955

http://susies1955.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum