The Silhouette Machine Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the best settings for very small script cutout?

4 posters

Go down

What is the best settings for very small script cutout? Empty What is the best settings for very small script cutout?

Post  vpoche Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:50 am

I am trying to make a stencil for glass etching and it works great for larger text, but the smaller the text the more likely my silhouette lifts some of the ends of the text. Anyone has any suggestions?
Thanks Vicky

vpoche

Back to top Go down

What is the best settings for very small script cutout? Empty Re: What is the best settings for very small script cutout?

Post  Admin Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:30 pm

Is the stencil you are using paper or vinyl? I have seen it done with vinyl and it worked great. Turn your speed down to one and try that.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

What is the best settings for very small script cutout? Empty Re: What is the best settings for very small script cutout?

Post  kr-kelly Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:46 pm

You should use vinyl for your stencils. I reduce my speed to 3-5, and that usually helps even on the smallest details.

kr-kelly

Back to top Go down

What is the best settings for very small script cutout? Empty Thanks for your help- I will try it both ways

Post  vpoche Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:52 am

I use contact paper as my stencil, it is a little thinner than the vinyl and works great with my sandblaster. I do a good bit of these and I would like to start doing smaller detail but I can never get it to work. Of course the contact paper is much cheaper than the vinyl, I save my vinyl for use when I am going to be doing vinyl. I will let you know how it goes.
Thanks again,
Vicky

vpoche

Back to top Go down

Post  Donnas_Daze Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:25 pm

I used the contact paper to make stencils for a few projects this Christmas. I found it worked better if I adhered it to the carrier sheet than by running it through like vinyl. Slowing the speed down helped, too.

Donnas_Daze

http://donnas-dayz.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  susies1955 Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:06 am

Contact paper is a great idea. Smile
Susie

susies1955

http://susies1955.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum